Notifications
Clear all

CS6R plg150AN soundsets.

11 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi Everyone.
Looking to buy sounds for my plg150an hosted in the cs6r.

Are the motif regenerator and the easysounds analogue bundle compatible.
Or does the data only upload to the board voices.

I'd like a package where the 64 internal plg voices are already included.

Any other sugestions welcome.

Thanks. Costa

Posted : 17/05/2018 2:44 pm
Michele

Ask to Easy Sounds. This European brand still has something good for your CS6R and PLG150-AN.

Don't forget that you can use AN-Expert Editor to organize bank 036/002 into your PLG150-AN

Posted : 17/05/2018 8:45 pm
Michele

About Regenerator patches, you can load just the PLG150-AN part, via AN-Expert Editor.

Posted : 17/05/2018 9:15 pm
Topic starter

Thank you Michele
Unfortunately I don't have the editor, as I no longer use a pc.
But I have found and loaded the original 64 plgAN (and vl) voices using .mid, sys ex.
I really don't want to get into editing. Just to find a selection of sounds that work for me and tweak them a little from the front panel.
Thanks.

Posted : 18/05/2018 6:37 am
Michele

Thank you Michele
Unfortunately I don't have the editor, as I no longer use a pc.
But I have found and loaded the original 64 plgAN (and vl) voices using .mid, sys ex.
I really don't want to get into editing. Just to find a selection of sounds that work for me and tweak them a little from the front panel.
Thanks.

Costa, you'd rather think again and go back on your footsteps πŸ˜€
Managing a PLG150-AN without a PC is like walking on an iced surface without shoes and bare feet.
I mean that bank 036/002 is worth the endeavors you'll make to program this synth engine. Among 256 ROM Patches I found few of them really interesting and usable.
While, programming on your own it's assured you'll have 128 patches that suit your musical needs. I don't mean you must program 128 patches from scratch, but you can use Regenerator and other plug-in sys-ex files as a starting point for your own creations.

Posted : 18/05/2018 8:42 pm
Topic starter

Thanks Michele.
I bought the easysound plg150an bundle last night, I can confirm there's no .mid sys exclusive option to transfer the files.

So it looks like I'll need an old pc with xp from a second hand shop. Running Windows is my idea of heaven LOL.

Yamaha, please make an osx version for us old folk who still like the old hardware.

Btw, I've recently bought all of the reface, love them, waiting for an AN and VL reface.

Posted : 19/05/2018 7:02 am
Topic starter

All good to go. Bought a used laptop with xp, installed the expert editor and have loaded the library. All seems to be working well. Just need to get to know my way around the software.
Thanks.

Posted : 20/05/2018 9:52 am
Topic starter

My goodness, I now remember why I hate pc windows with such a passion.

Posted : 20/05/2018 10:27 pm
Topic starter

I think I'd rather work on the cs6r from the front panel. Really tired. I've been messing with amt8 drivers, emagic software, expert edit all day.
No consistent results. Works, then decides not to.

Posted : 20/05/2018 10:32 pm
Bad Mister

The software you are attempting to run is from a long, long, long time ago. The CS-series is from 1999; β€œemagic”!!?!? Yikes, you got to give your pc a mulligan on this one, unless it too is from the last century. At least, expect to struggle... computer companies out date your software as a β€œthing” they do... you don’t buy software as much as you subscribe to it.

Posted : 22/05/2018 10:27 am
Topic starter

Thanks Bad mister.
I bought a few library sets and I'm only going to use the editor to save the sounds to the CS6R, and rearrange the ones I like and save to the storage card. I have no intention of using the editor to make my own patches. It's just so dated and cumbersome. I bought the rack mainly for the included VL card, and AN board is a bonus.

Btw Apple High Sierra has also made my not so old Roland synth editor obsolete. Although funnily enough my ancient emagic amt8 is still working on the mac.
Thanks for your time.

Posted : 23/05/2018 12:48 pm
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us