I notice an unpleasant resonance of the housing/speakers of my Reface CP. This starts at a volume of about 60% up to 100%.
This is most noticeable with the Wr, then RdI, then CP. I can still hear it with RdII, but the higher harmonics of the RdII sound mask the resonance a bit. I don't hear it with Clv or Toy.
All effects are off. Drive is set to 0.
I use rechargeable Eneloop batteries. However, I also hear it when using the adapter.
When I use a headphone, the sound is without distortion (even at volume of 100%).
How to reproduce:
- Place the Octave slider in the middle
- Choose Wr voice (or RdI, CP or RdII)
- Set Drive to 0 and turn off all effects, including Reverb
- Set the volume slider to 100% (at least above 60%)
- Play in the middle of the keyboard the chords C (c-e-g), Dm (d-f-a), Em (e-g-b) after each other
- You hear the distorting resonance. You can also feel it by touch by laying one hand flat on the flat surface beneath a speaker (at the left or right side of the keys).
- Slide down the volume to below 60% and the distortion disappears.
At 50% volume the Reface CP has a too low volume, even in a completely silent room.
My serial number is EEVK01xxx (where xxx means three digits).
Looking forward to your response,