My Rig: Windows 10
Cubase Pro 9.5.21 (64bit)
Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver V1.6.6
Firmware Version IEEE1394 V1.07
Motif XS VST Editor V 1.6.4
Motif XS6 connected to my PC via Firewire
This one is most likely for Mr. Bad Mister, but anyone with any thoughts is welcome to chime in.
Throughout my many happy (and continuing) years of use of this setup, I occasionally will have this (message seen in Photo 1) occur when launching the Motif XS VST Editor in Cubase.
What is this, and is there a more simple remedy?
I can tell you this:
- - The only cure or workaround I've ever found was to power down the Motif, and completely re-boot my computer.
- - - The problem used to happen whenever I would accidentally open two projects at once. (which is something I never need, it would just happen by mistake).
- - - The problem happens more frequently than ever now. My only discovered workaround presently is to power down/reboot, but also launch my main production template (which includes the Motif VST Editor being active), then closing that file and opening whichever project I need to work.
- -- Neither of the following will solve the problem:
1. Switching the item under "mLan Device" in the photo. When it's red, it's dead. (2nd photo)
2. In Cubase going to F4 Audio Connections and selecting or re-selecting "Yamaha Steinberg FW ASIO" under Audio Device.
I hope I've given enough information, clearly, so that you can help. I really appreciate it! - Pete Radd "Raddtunes"