Hi all Montage users.
UPDATE - I reviewed these to see if I still feel the same way and editing a few.
Lets have a new brief reminder of things we are hoping to see Montage do in next update. This of course does not mean anything we post here will be implemented. We should all learn by now that our requests may not fit in with Yamahas vision for the Montage. Thanks
Ill start with the ones I just have to have:
1. Memorize last search in category search
2. New insert and master FX modulated reverb, plus shimmer reverb
3. Better library management and importing favorites
4.CLARIFIED!! Ensure arpeggio (hold on) does not stop playing om existing parts when adding new part to performance screen. Currently the song gets interrupted if I am feeling inspired to add something new while playing.
5. A few onboard analog waveforms with some louder (raw) analog sounding grit to them (saw, square, pulse) Currently Montage waveforms sound a little too clean and filtered to me.
6. Heres an old one that never got fixed (the sustain parameter for assign knobs should be set to level not time) like all other synthesizers in the world.
Attack time is the time taken for initial run-up of level from nil to peak, beginning when the key is first pressed.
Decay time is the time taken for the subsequent run down from the attack level to the designated sustain level.
Sustain level is the level during the main sequence of the sound's duration, until the key is released.
Release time is the time taken for the level to decay from the sustain level to zero after the key is released.
8. allow setting arp hold on and off from performance screen
9. allow usb cable for direct connection to pc usb port so we can access pc as save location for Montage user files, backups etc.
10. allow more effect parameters to be assigned to knobs, motion sequence etc. (Examples: Part EQ settings (these bite more than the FX EQ) and reverb decay time.) -Yes electronic music changes these parameters while playing not just sound design.
11. have sidechain option for at least one insert effect from each category group.