Has anyone else here had trouble maintaining a solid USB connection between the Montage and a MBP laptop?
Half way thru recording a stereo audio track from a Montage Song onto the computer via USB 48/24, I often get crackles - which result from the clock timing getting messed up or lost.
I've tried a few different USB cables.
I think it works better when I set DP 9.12's Audio Setup with the Montage as the clock source and clock type, and leave the Montage's clocking settings at factory default; but often DP reverts to Internal.
Then I thought that it's important for both computer's audio track to have both input and output set to Montage, but again, I still had a drop out, but only one.
Crackles galore when I do, and usually restarting one or both units fixes this, until the next time.
Maybe I'm missing something in the USB implementation. A similar thing would happen to me with the MX49 on the same computer, especially when I was tweaking midi parameters with the MX49's knobs during the audio recording pass on the computer.