Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

FL1024m Problem

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I recently purchased a Yamaha FL1024m flash memory module from an MOXF user who verified that it was working in his machine. Once I installed it in my Motif XF, I formatted it and checked the info on the board. It was showing 224mb of storage space, not 1022mb. When I attempt to load anything onto the board, I get a "Sample Memory Full" error message. I tried the board in both slots of my XF and get the same result. I did find and download the service manual for the FL1024m and tried to run the test routine for the memory board on my Motif XF. It gave me a message of "UNMATCH ROM SIZE" and would not let the test proceed. My previously installed FL512m board works fine in both slots. Any ideas as to why the 1024mb board is not working correctly in my machine? Any assistance is most appreciated!

Attached files

Posted : 29/04/2020 8:29 pm
Blake Angelos
Member Admin

Hello,

This sounds like the board has an error on the chip set. The only thing you can do is contact Yamaha Support and ship it back for service.

US Technical Support and Service Questions
https://usa.yamaha.com/support/contacts/pac/
(714-522-9000 Option 3)

Posted : 06/05/2020 1:34 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us