Synth Forum

How to turn off loc...

Notifications
Clear all

How to turn off local control on the yamaha psr-282? 2nd try...

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Tall
Topic starter

paging Bad Mister...

Posted : 11/02/2016 12:35 am
Bad Mister

Hi Tall,

Sorry, but the keyboard you are asking about is not in my memory banks. The PSR282 is not a synthesizer and is technically OFF TOPIC for this forum, but as sooner or later if you work for Yamaha you are likely to get a motorcycle or golf cart question... Or a PSR 282 question 🙂

Now we realize that there PSR282 looks like it might belong here, but it doesn't. However, in the spirit of being helpful, we looked it up for you. There is no Local Control On/Off capability for this particular model (according to the Owner's Manual).

And the instrument is always in multi-timbral mode and is always set to receive on 16 MIDI channels.

Hope that helps. If you have further questions concerning this product please contact Yamaha Customer Support.

Posted : 11/02/2016 1:20 am
 Tall
Topic starter

Thanks for the detailed response, and sorry for the multiple posts! I'm curious why the psr282 is not considered a synthesizer.

I'd like to know which Yamaha keyboards don't have a local-control-off option. i sell microtonal midi software, and I'd like to warn my customers away from such keyboards, as they are unable to be retuned.

Posted : 12/02/2016 4:20 am
Bad Mister

The PSR282 is not considered a synthesizer because you cannot synthesize any thing... which means edit the sound source, timbre, envelopes, etc., also it is not in the Division of the company that makes synthesizers. It is considered a "portable keyboard".

You should contact our Customer Support team for information about capabilities of the various Yamaha keyboards - which ones to recommend and which ones do not do what you may require (they come in all manner of shapes, sizes and capabilities). Also the Manuals for all Yamaha keyboards (synthesizers, portables, home keys, arrangers, etc) are available at the Official Download site:
http://download.yamaha.com

Even keyboards over sixteen years old like the PSR282 can be found.

Word of warning: a 200-series PSR is near the very entry level of keyboards so it is not anticipated that a customer at this cost level wants to do advanced MIDI functions. As you go up, even slightly, in price you begin to see more MIDI and other advanced features begin to appear.

Newer products may have a USB port for computer connectivity rather than the standard 5-pin DIN MIDI jacks, you may want to check into what a model features by way of connectivity.

Posted : 12/02/2016 3:23 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us