Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Is MU series a good way to go to access the DB50 sounds /SW1000xg sounds in current windows systems

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I have composed songs a few years ago on cubase using DB50 soundcard - on windows 95. However, now returning to compose again, I have the songs on floppy disc, but windows 95 system gone. Not sure where to go to get a modern compatable system to play the original sounds - Is MU series able to work on an upto date windows system? If so, can I play my floppy discs through the MU series? (As you may guess, I am a novice!).
Any advice ,help appreciated

Posted : 24/05/2016 10:16 pm
Bad Mister

If you can play your floppy disks - that seems to be the biggest issue - the MU-series certainly features the entire sound set from the DB50/SW1000XG era of XG sounds. So that would make a good substitute. (Funny, I just broke out my MU128 just yesterday, to test out transmitting from Montage - since it has so much multi-timbrality).

But only as long as you are able to get the data off of those floppy disks... You should be able to download the DATA LIST booklet or it may just be in the Manuals of the MU - the complete sound set... I'm sure you will find all the sounds of the computer cards in the hardware.

Posted : 25/05/2016 3:59 pm
Thor
 Thor
Eminent Member

Yup, all the bank/patch numbers are the same as the SW1000 on my MU-2000. I have an SW1000 collecting dust in my collection too, nice card. Not sure what to do with it now, though.

Posted : 05/12/2016 5:38 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us