Notifications
Clear all

MoxF8 and Macbook Pro 2016 Trouble

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Sean
Topic starter

So I have downloaded the latest usb driver from yamaha for my macbook and I'm not getting any signal in any DAW from my MoxF8 using a usb cable. I even bought a MIDI to USB cable to try that out and still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted : 19/02/2017 9:18 am
Bad Mister

When working with music gear and computers, driver names and version numbers become extremely important, as is the operating system version on the computer side.

The "latest usb driver" does not necessarily even have to concern your product. So mentioning specifically which driver and what operating system would be a place to start. Even if you have the correct ones, it still remains the place to start troubleshooting.

Then the name and version of the DAW... might also be helpful. Knowing whether it supports ASIO drivers is important.

You've actually provided no information. Use a USB cable - the USB driver requires a USB cable.

Yamaha Steinberg USB driver 1.9.10 for Mac is the driver to communicate via USB to your Mac.

Posted : 19/02/2017 10:44 pm
 Sean
Topic starter

Bad Mister wrote:

When working with music gear and computers, driver names and version numbers become extremely important, as is the operating system version on the computer side.

I have all of the latest drivers, and the latest OSX. You know, like it says in the title.

Bad Mister wrote:

The "latest usb driver" does not necessarily even have to concern your product. So mentioning specifically which driver and what operating system would be a place to start. Even if you have the correct ones, it still remains the place to start troubleshooting.

Again as in the title it's a brand new macbook pro, and I since I'm familiar with how updates work I always keep it up to date.

Bad Mister wrote:

Then the name and version of the DAW... might also be helpful. Knowing whether it supports ASIO drivers is important.

Sure... "Any" includes Cubase 8, The latest version of ProTools, The latest version of Garage Band, The latest version of Ableton, and the latest version of Logic Pro X.

Bad Mister wrote:

You've actually provided no information. Use a USB cable - the USB driver requires a USB cable.

Yamaha Steinberg USB driver 1.9.10 for Mac is the driver to communicate via USB to your Mac.

You've said that I've provided no information and yet you're telling me to use a usb cable which requires the driver that I already downloaded which I mentioned in the op. Since apparently that wasn't clear enough for you, the driver I was referring to when I said "the latest usb driver from yamaha" I was in fact referring to the Steinberg USB driver you mentioned. Anything else you need help understanding?

Posted : 20/02/2017 6:21 am
Bad Mister
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us