PLG150-AN board not...

Notifications
Clear all

PLG150-AN board not working (Motif 7)

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I got my first Motif (7) in 2002 and loved it. Later I moved on to Motif Rack-ES and then the XS-7. To be honest, the XS felt very underwhelming compared to my Kronos, and although I got the XS7 in 2007 or 2008, I have hardly ever used it.

Nevertheless.. I just stumbled upon a classic Motif 7 for sale, dirt cheap and in perfect condition. I just had to buy it for old times sake. It has the PLG150-AN installed, but I can't get it to work. None of the slot indicators are lit and if I press the PLG1-3 buttons there's nothing but empty "user" banks. I have tried moving the AN card from slot 1 to slot 3, but it doesn't change anything.

Is there anything I can do to get it working, or is it simply defective? There was a SmartMedia card included as well, but the previous owner formatted it.

The firmware is version 1.60. I don't have a SmartMedia card reader (it's not 1996) so I can't update it.

Posted : 09/07/2017 8:45 pm
Bad Mister

If the status light does not come on the PLG150 board is not recognized. Ensure visually that the multi-pin connector and receptacle are in good shape. Make sure you connect and disconnect PLG Boards only while the instrument is powered off.

Time to call for authorized service.

You've invested in an older keyboard, invest in a SmartMedia card adapter so you can update your instrument, seems silly to go as far as you have and not get the adapter... it's not 1996, you know... indeed it isn't... they didn't have SmartMedia back then... you want to take the time machine back only as far as the first couple of years in this century! Good luck.

Posted : 12/07/2017 5:18 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us