YPT-310 midi output...

Notifications
Clear all

YPT-310 midi output not working

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi all...I've dusted off my old YPT-310 and have attached a Roland UM-ONE to the midi in/out (correctly), however I'm not seeing anything come through the UM-ONE from the keyboard when I press any of the keys...I am expecting the red LED to show a signal passing through. I also downloaded MidiView (Windows PC) to see if it was able to pick up anything, but although it does correctly see the UM-ONE (and dynamically shows it disconnected when I remove the USB cable), I'm still not seeing anything come through from the keyboard.
So, from this evidence I am assuming that there is no midi output signal coming out of the keyboard...my question is, has anyone experienced this before, and is it something simple like a setting I've missed (I've tried all 3 PC Modes), or do you think that it's a circuitry issue (i.e. the midi out port or internal circuit is broken)?
Thank you in advance, David

Posted : 20/08/2022 9:19 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

I'm not sure if this matters, but do you have the UM-ONE driver installed?

https://www.roland.com/us/products/um-one/downloads/

... this discontinued device only shows drivers through Windows 10.

Or if using the newer mk2 UM-ONE:

https://www.roland.com/us/products/um-one_mk2/downloads/

... which has drivers for newer operating systems.

If you have a different keyboard with a MIDI 5-pin DIN output, you could connect from MIDI out of that other keyboard to MIDI IN of the UM-ONE and see if it works or not. This would help guide you if it's the keyboard's problem or something with the UM-ONE (such as driver).

Posted : 20/08/2022 1:47 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Also, PC Mode set to "OFF" should be OK. When using any PC mode (1 or 2) you wouldn't hear anything from the keyboard when pressing keys because these disconnect the keys from the tone generator expecting your connected device is going to "echo back" the MIDI messages.

Once you establish MIDI is working through the cable you can start moving on to possibly using the appropriate PC mode for what you're trying to do.

Posted : 20/08/2022 2:01 pm
 Mark

I am grateful for this website because it makes our job easier driving directions

Posted : 29/09/2023 3:51 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us