Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Since the 1.10 update, booting has failed twice

26 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Since the 1.10 update has been installed on my Montage 8, boot has failed twice. The screen goes through the usual procedure and looks like it is ready to go but is unresponsive to touch, none of the front panel lights up at all, and there is no sound. A second boot then performs as expected and I am good to go. I do find this troubling though.

Has anyone experienced this issue since the update?

Attached files

Posted : 02/06/2016 8:49 pm
Joel
 Joel
Honorable Member

Hi, i'm on OS 1.10, i have the same issue one time when i forgot to remove the usb stick connect to usb to device port after shutdown.
I remove it, since no problem.
The Os updater wasn't on the usb stick when it failed, just some library files.
So if you have your usb stick connect, remove it.

Posted : 02/06/2016 9:06 pm
Topic starter

Ahhh, ok then, yes I had left the USB updater stick in the port. Out of about maybe 20 boots only two fails. Hope this fixes it.

Thank you, Joel!!!

Posted : 02/06/2016 9:26 pm
Joel
 Joel
Honorable Member

You're Welcome 😉

Posted : 02/06/2016 9:51 pm
Topic starter

Apparently that's not the fix for me after all. Booted up with no USB stick in the port, same thing... Screen lights but frozen, no front panel illumination... Is this a known issue Mr Bad Mister?

Attached files

Posted : 03/06/2016 10:27 pm
 Gary
Eminent Member

Yes, yes! This has happened to me as well, twice, - boots up with no front panel lighting, no sound, un-responsive to button pushes or touch screen but screen appears to look normal. I rebooted immediately after both times and all was fine.

Unfortunately I can't provide any clarity or info on the two variable listed by other peeps here because 1) I updated firmware immediately upon receiving Montage, so I do not know if it is from firmware update or not. I've had Montage for little over a week or so. 2) I don't recall if I had the USB drive plugged in or not.

G

Posted : 04/06/2016 4:53 am
Topic starter

Ok, thanks guys 😀 sooooo:

Issue: confirmed to exist (by multiple users)

Resolution: said issue to be publicly RECOGNIZED by Yamaha, and resolved in a timely manner

Posted : 04/06/2016 8:32 pm
Peter

Exactly the same happened to me - I opened another thread without seeing this one.
My memory stick was in at the time so I'll remove it and see if it happens again

Posted : 04/06/2016 8:38 pm
Topic starter

hmm troubling... you buy a flagship and its a crapshoot to see if she ignites on first boot

but when she does...

Posted : 05/06/2016 10:28 pm
david
Reputable Member

Happened to me once, the exact same thing. I don't turn off the system with the rear switch either, I cut the power using a remote power switch to my whole rig.

Posted : 06/06/2016 2:25 am
Eminent Member

I have not had that problem as you guys, I leave My Samsung T3 Series 500GB External Solid State Drive plug in the usb port and use the switch on the back to turn off/on the Montage.
maybe an issue with the USB drive incompatible that caused a corruption of OS Firmware update of the montage let hope it not the montage itself.

Maybe if you get a USB that on the compatible list YAMAHA provided and go through the same procedure of re-updating the Montage OS firmware 1.10 this may resolve the issue.

Posted : 06/06/2016 3:06 am
Topic starter

If the Montage is so picky about a USB drive that data would become corrupted...

No, I don't see that being the issue. If it were, I think that Bad Mister might have offered this solution.

Yes, I would like to see a fix. In that Bad Mister has not contributed to this thread, I think they are still puzzling that fix out.

Posted : 07/06/2016 12:42 am
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member

I just had the same thing happen to me: touchscreen was fine, but no lights on anything and no sound when I played the keys. Running the latest version of the firmware, 1.10.6. The machine came up fine when I rebooted it.

Posted : 07/06/2016 12:57 am
david
Reputable Member

I don't see any 1.10.6 version on the Yamaha support site although they might not report it until it reaches 1.20 etc.

Posted : 07/06/2016 1:17 am
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member

If I remember correctly, they only list 1.10 on the support site. But my Montage (Utility -- Settings -- System) shows it as 1.10.6.

Posted : 07/06/2016 2:36 am
Page 1 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us