Notifications
Clear all

YAMAHA confirmed inspiration in a flash! in montage

38 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
11 K Views
Topic starter

also waiting for updated.. please the info? you said a few months ago it sucess loaded to MONTAGE... can you give it to us users please?

Posted : 13/06/2018 6:47 am
Bad Mister

As I understand it, the release of the data requires it to be QC’d and then signed off on... then a decision can be made to post it.

Posted : 13/06/2018 4:09 pm
Eyal
 Eyal
Eminent Member

Any update on this? Blake Angelos said that the Yamaha team successfully converted the sounds of the Inspiration in a Flash and Ultimate Piano more than half a year ago. Been looking forward for this! When is it happening?
Thanks guys.

Posted : 09/07/2018 7:06 am

Any word on this issue .bought a montage last week Thursday . I need to load some of my MOxf sound in there ASAP .

Posted : 16/07/2018 10:25 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

MOXF sounds, in general, are not the issue. The issue is with specific encoding formats which Inspiration In A Flash (IIAF) and other promotional sound libraries have used for past "compatible" keyboards.

If your MOXF sounds you need converted were self-authored, you should have little issue having these load into Montage.

As far as IIAF being re-released as a Montage version without the compatibility issues and/or a firmware update which provides decode of these formats - this has been a long-term sighting (years) with no short-term fix in sight.

If you really do need IIAF and ASAP means within the next 6 months - then this may be a reasonable expectation. If the time-frame is sooner - then I would say find some other way (ASAP).

Posted : 16/07/2018 1:57 pm

What is the possibility of just doing the most wanted( requested ) sounds on this forum eg. power grand and jazz scat. Otherwise make a tutorial on how build the sound from start seeing that the montage is such a powerful engine .

Posted : 16/07/2018 7:26 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

IIAF has custom samples. Not sure about the whole set - but certainly for many. Those you cannot exactly "build from scratch" - except to come up with something different.

Posted : 17/07/2018 2:32 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

PowerGrand and JazzPiano from the Motif both use LPC encoding which is not supported by Montage's decoder. I checked the X0S files supplied with "XPand Your World" and the newer IIAF. There is no source I can find that uses any other encoding - so you must either sample these instruments yourself using something like Sample Robot or a less automated method. Either that or continue to wait for the conversion and QA process to complete. That is if you want these two sounds to be in a semi-original form on your Montage.

Doing something different would be finding sounds on Montage that already exist which work for you. Try the pianos in the Bosendorfer library and the presets in Montage. Listen to the brighter "Rock" variants. Adjust your EQ on Montage to make a brighter piano sound. Maybe change the attack setting. If you haven't already, scroll through the 5 or so pages worth of Piano presets and try them out (that and any library you have which includes a different piano). Pick one closest to what you want then see if adjusting EQ gets you there -- or even without adjusting anything is close enough.

Posted : 19/07/2018 7:26 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

This question has fractured among different threads. I tried looking up the last time the question was asked -- the site doesn't make it easy anymore since dates of replies are not displayed. It's probably been long enough since the last time someone checked.

I'm not even officially asking - just acknowledging that this thread is probably the best record of the latest feedback as there is official Yamaha feedback here with hope-inspiring comments about something else with some form of "inspire" in its name.

Posted : 31/08/2018 10:03 am
Bad Mister

I inquired again about this. What I know: The data has been fixed (all non-compatible Waveforms removed and replaced) The data works; loads and plays (sounds awesome in MONTAGE)... you would think that’s the hard part.... now it’s up to those who must sign off on releasing it.

The only clue I can give you about this (lengthy) process is fill in some of the history... the data was collected from various sources dating back more than a decade now. Some of the data goes as far back as the Motif ES - created almost 15 years ago... different authors, various sources, etc., etc., etc. Somebody must research and find any (and probably all) original agreements about usage and distribution of said data. Once that gets cleared up I’m sure we’ll hear something. (Hopefully it will be good news).

Anyone who has created data on the scale of sampling a symphony orchestra, or assembling a collection of instruments from, literally, all over the world and then meticulously sampling it and then programming... knows it is no frivolous task (it’s a ton of work). Crossing the t’s and dotting the i’s is important. If you’re interested in that data, then you’ll just have to be patient... as soon as we hear something we’ll let you know....

Posted : 31/08/2018 7:39 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Thanks for following up - it was great to hear the set has a carry-forward plan and eventually it will land. It's difficult sometimes to convey tone - but I am happy with the progress. Yamaha has a record of delivering - and it does take a while to revamp something like this. I think some of the content I'm interested in goes back to the Motif Classic (Power Grand / Jazz Grand). There's lots more in there too. Thanks again for the informative follow-up.

Posted : 31/08/2018 7:50 pm

thanks for clearing the air, Blake. i hope Yamaha releases a Montage/MODX compatible version of Inspiration in a Flash just like they've done with Chick' Mark V collection.

Posted : 19/10/2018 10:48 am

I have some XF libraries that were converted from ES libraries with samples, i.e. loaded the ES files into XF and saved in XF format. What I'm reading is that these will not load properly in Montage? What about libraries from Easysounds made for XF? The XF compatibility is absolutely critical for me considering the price of the Montage. 🙁

Posted : 13/11/2018 5:41 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

I would assume most Easysounds content will convert without an issue. It's primarily the free promotional content that has had issue as this is where the LPC and WXC formats were used.

If you need the freebie sets to convert - some do, some don't - then be prepared to wait a while to see these get converted.

Posted : 14/11/2018 6:50 am

Is there a thread yet with lists of libraries known NOT to be compatible?

I still use the ES version of Air, all my Easysounds libraries with samples are in XF format (I upgraded from the ES versions), I have the ancient ES extra content CD and almost every promotional set starting with Xpand My World. When I got my XF, I converted all my ES libraries (except Easysounds) into XF versions.

Posted : 14/11/2018 1:36 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us