Clear all

10,000 sequences...but where?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Tom
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I understand that the Montage does not follow the Motif's preloaded Performance approach that offered many styles right out of the box.

I have been able to add (combine) drums, guitar, bass to create a basic sequence.

What I cannot find is the variations (other sequences) for each part. Yamaha confirmed that you can see for example "drums styles" like Bossa nova.

But I cannot figure out how to access them..

Help! Please.

Posted : 28/06/2016 3:56 am
Bad Mister

There are 10,000 Arpeggios. Any arpeggio can be assigned to any PART. As many as 8 phrases can be assigned to the ARP Select buttons on the lower row on the right front panel.

When you have recalled a PERFORMANCE, assigning arpeggios is a PART EDIT function

Press [EDIT]
Press the PART SELECT button [1/1]-[8/8] to select the Part you wish to assign arpeggio.
In the screen's lower left corner make sure COMMON is selected (blue)
Touch "Arpeggio"
In the second column you have three screens of parameters: Common, Individual and Advanced.

If you select "Individual" you can assign by searching and selecting individual phrases for the 8 ARP SELECT buttons.
Touch location 1; a pop-in menu will appear allowing you to Search by Name or Number.

Please see the downloadable DATA LIST Booklet for details on Arpeggio types and attributes.

Posted : 28/06/2016 12:07 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us