Clear all

CP400 Stage

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hello to all of you keyboard players here at YAMAHAsynth,

to me one of the best working and well built and most userfriendly keyboards Yamaha ever made was (or maybe still is) the CP300.
I have played it for so many years in a couple of differnt bands and was really happy with it.
Right now I am playing also the motif xf8 and I am still a very very happy Yamaha-player.
The motif is sounding so great and you can feel the power that is working under your fingers. It´s just a fantastic board!!!

One of the reasons I am really courios about Yamaha building a CP4 with internal speakers - what would be more or less a CP400 -
is that you wouldn´t have to care about a monitor system to carry for yourself when playing on stage.
The CP300 is still a winner and my choice (because I didn´t gave it away for good reasons) when I am playing small gigs like
in churches or bars or practising just for myself at home. All you need to bring is the board itself, a stand and a bench, some cables and the sustainpedal
and you´re ready for the gig. It´s so easy! I don´t have to care about playing in mono or stereo! I don´t need to bring my pair of DXR10 speakers, no mixer...
The CP300 has enough power on it´s own because of it´s very good and strong sounding speakers.
Alternatives? I know the P115 and the P255 and can say that they´re no comparison to my Cp300.

A CP4 Stage with all it´s sounds and possibilities, it´s tone engine SCM plus internal highquality internal speakers and a reasonable weight (!)
would be a great choice for many of us.

What do you think?

Posted : 07/01/2017 7:35 pm

Hello,

I own the Yamaha CP300 and CP4. I think both instruments are great but CP4 isn’t a replacement of CP300. I miss many things like speakers of course, but also the size and design because I can put on my laptop without any accessories. Besides the CP300 stand is stronger and it keeps the keyboard quiet (CP4 stand not). CP300 has some advantages that I can’t find in CP4. CP400 would be nice.

Posted : 01/02/2017 3:15 pm
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Yes, you are right!

And another fact why I like the CP300 is the solid feeling it is giving me when I am sitting in front of it.
As a piano player I am used to have something massiv in front of me while I am playing.
I really do think that this is a point that is forgotten when people always search for something "lightweight" to carry around.
A real grand piano isn´t something you can move easily or lift just like that.
All the companies that are building these stagepianos do add the hammer noises, the pedal noises the string resonance, the damper resonance, but the pianos themselves don´t look like that. You look to the stage and can´t find what you are hearing.
All the little nords or slim lightweight keyboards just look a little shaky to me when the piano player is sitting in front of them on stage.
For this reason I also sometimes take a Clavinova to the gig when it pays off 🙂 This was also a reason when I went for the MotifXF.
Just because of it´s dimensions. It gives me more the feeling that I can rely on it!

Posted : 04/02/2017 10:15 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us