Hadn't seen a thread dedicated to the new features (summarized from the download webpage below).
The filesize is bigger because manuals (datalist and supplement) are distributed with the firmware for a variety of languages including Japanese. Cracking open the supplement, I answer some questions:
1) The first two bullets involving "Control Function" solve a forum post about "9 Bars!" where the control of the drawbars using sliders was lost because the performance did not auto-switch the faders to control the elements. This is now built-in with v1.20 firmware.
2) Track to Arp (user arps) looks like it will fill the need of generating arps - have to dig in more
3) Performance merge treats a sound as the "original" performance, the "additional" parts you add to that original and allows for muting either half (or neither). This is perhaps a useful shortcut vs. using the part mute or solo features. Seems the control is touchscreen only so part of the pre-gig workflow.
4) Arp bypass and keyboard control lock seem to be DAW focused. I haven't comprehended how arp bypass and arp off are different - but am happy that arp bypass has a button shortcut (shift-arp on/off).
The rest are fairly self-explanatory.
I am happy to see Montage now has an XS file converter built-in (reads XS data). Previously, you could get this to happen by using software - but it's nice to have more integrated into the box.
- Element / Operator Control has been added for "Control Function."
- You can now store Control Function settings as Performance data.
- Song Loop playback function has been added.
- User Arpeggio function has been added.
- You can now separately mute original Parts and newly added Parts by Performance Merge.
- Monitor Volume settings for USB connection have been added.
- You can now control the Super Knob by MIDI Control Change messages.
- You can now copy or exchange Arpeggio Types.
- You can now copy or exchange Motion Sequences.
- You can now copy or exchange between Live Sets in different Banks on a page basis.
- The MONTAGE Connect computer application is now supported.
- MOTIF XS data (X0A, X0V, X0G, and X0W) can now be loaded to MONTAGE.
- Live Set display can now be displayed during Audio playback.
- Knob Brightness setting can now be stored.
- Flags (tone generation attributes of Performance) can now be automatically set and displayed.
- Arp Bypass and Kbd Ctrl Lock functions have been added for "Effect Switch."
- Fixed a problem in which all buttons, sliders, and knobs on the panel would not work after power-on.
- Fixed a problem in which the Super knob would not work after power-on.
- Fixed other minor problems.