Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

YS200 unresponsive selector buttons. How to fix them?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Pal
Topic starter

Hey all, recently I got an YS200 for free from someone. Yay. However there are two issues. The internal battery needs replacement, which shouldn't be too hard to do. More difficult is probably that the second set of triangular selector buttons isn't responding anymore, no matter how hard I press them. They did sporadically respond a few times earlier on, but now not anymore. What is the cause of this? Can this be fixed somehow? If I can manage to make those buttons responsive again I will be able to establish a MIDI connection for the SysEx Editor, which is what makes this synth much more interesting. Surely others have encountered this issue as well.

Posted : 13/10/2017 10:00 am
Bad Mister

Stop pressing buttons hard... this is how you can crack a circuit board and wind up doing additional damage to your keyboard. Force is never necessary when engaging a button. It’s your human frustration. Imagine it was a small problem that gets much much worse if by applying force you break the connection on the connected circuit board below it. If it does not engage with a reasonable / Normal press of the button, assume a small easily fixable issue, start hitting it with a hammer you’ll make it much, much worse.

While initially it might only have needed to be blown clean with a blast of air or a small vacuum (the keyboard could have 29 years of dust in there), now you may have broken the circuit board... you got it free, invest in professional cleaning... take it and have it looked at by a professional... you’ve done all you can do. (Put your hammer down) πŸ™‚

Posted : 13/10/2017 10:08 am
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us