Notifications
Clear all

DX200 Omni Mode? (Receive All Channels)

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi,

I recently came about one of this old grooveboxes. It sounds great.

Now I'm trying to play some of my MIDI songs on it, but apparently the DX200 can only receive input on four channels (synth track + 3 rhythm) which means it won't work for any song that holds data/events in 5 or more channels.

Is there any way to enable Omni mode on this device, so it can receive input on all 16 channels?

The manual does mention the parameter at the very bottom but the MIDI setup function (shift + button 14) doesn't provide that option.

Any pointers?

Thanks!

Posted : 04/04/2016 7:40 pm
Member Admin

Hi @Tomas. This is the community coordinator. Someone will followup with you shortly. Thank you.

Posted : 21/04/2016 4:19 pm
Bad Mister

The DX200 in Omni mode would not do what you require. Omni mode only would make the DX200 respond meaninglessly to all incoming data, you want just specific channel data to be routed to it. It works great just as it is, trust me.

Posted : 23/04/2016 3:47 am
Topic starter

Maybe I didn't explain myself clearly, but as it is the DX200 isn't playing my songs as I expect. It doesn't play any notes from the other channels.

I've read that the internal PLG150DX board is able to handle input from all channels, so there must be a way to enable this, right?

Posted : 29/04/2016 4:10 pm
Bad Mister

The PLG150-DX receives signal as interpreted by the "host" device in which it is placed. The board by itself is not where the setting and routing of data occurs, the host product determines the channels available. Besides OMNI mode means it will respond to All channels (meaning "any" and all), since it is synth plus three rhythm this would not be a musical situation.

I do not recall the DX200 having the ability to change receive channels. What is it you need it to do, exactly.

Posted : 01/05/2016 4:34 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us