Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Montage/MODX Hoodies/Shirts in North America?

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Bassam
Eminent Member
Topic starter

First, not sure if this allowed here, as what I will talk about is not official, please delete if not allowed.

Second, not sure if this is the right category, please change if needed.

Found these on a FB Group, looks like someone is selling them in Turkey.

The Montage one (not sure if it is a MODX) looks very cool!! Any idea if these are sold somewhere in North America?
Googled it, and what I found are mostly T-Shirts for Yamaha Racing, some with with only the Yamaha Logo, and some for the DX7.

Cheers

Posted : 26/05/2022 1:57 pm
Dragos
Eminent Member

Pretty sure those are not official / licensed.

Some time ago I posted a request for apparel, mugs and other fanboi items on IdeaScale here:
https://yamahasynth.ideascale.com/c/idea/282301

Posted : 26/05/2022 2:30 pm
Bassam
Eminent Member
Topic starter

[quotePost id=116973]Pretty sure those are not official / licensed.

Some time ago I posted a request for apparel, mugs and other fanboi items on IdeaScale here:
https://yamahasynth.ideascale.com/c/idea/282301 [/quotePost]

Yup they are not official or licensed, but seems they are sold everywhere (not exactly the one I posted). Not sure if that is Legal...

And thanks for posting your idea, I agree with it and just upvoted.

Posted : 26/05/2022 4:02 pm
Bassam
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Ben Israel(@bisrael)kudos icon. +30/Nov/21 5:37 PM
Thanks for the comment. We agree with your request! We are working to add more apparel choices in the future. Stay tuned!

From the IdeaScale post... What does he mean by "More"? Where I can find the official "Current"?

Posted : 26/05/2022 4:03 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

I'm not sure, but adding one to zero makes for "one more" just as well as adding one to a non-zero number.

Posted : 26/05/2022 4:35 pm
Dragos
Eminent Member

[quotePost id=116981]

Ben Israel(@bisrael)kudos icon. +30/Nov/21 5:37 PM
Thanks for the comment. We agree with your request! We are working to add more apparel choices in the future. Stay tuned!

From the IdeaScale post... What does he mean by "More"? Where I can find the official "Current"?[/quotePost]
As I understand, at some events like NAMM and Superbooth they use to bring some t-shirts, stickers etc. Maybe that's what he was referencing.

If you look at the reps on the YamahaSynths YT channel (Blake & team), they have branded shirts, t-shirts, caps and so on.

Posted : 26/05/2022 6:14 pm
Member Admin

There's probably never been a more tshirt and bumpersticker worthy branding than the headline feature of the Montage and MODX.

SUPER
KNOB!

Posted : 27/05/2022 6:18 pm
Member Admin

For purists:

@Bill FYI: these are done with shaders. The DX-7 thing is like a snow globe, fully animated with parallax of the "particles".

Posted : 27/05/2022 8:15 pm

T-shirts and bumper stickers have never been more appropriate for a product's branding than the Montage and MODX's signature feature. I've heard that in the drift huntersdrift hunters past they've brought swag like t-shirts and stickers to trade shows like NAMM and Superbooth. That might have been what he was alluding to.

Posted : 10/01/2023 9:09 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us