Notifications
Clear all

C7 sample sounding weird

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi,

I updated the firmware for my brand new CP88 to version 1.2, especially because I was looking forward to the C7 Grand Piano sound. I was disappointed though because I am hearing disturbing high-frequency noises in the sound. They appear only in the range of about c to e''' and only at a playing volume of about mezzopiano to mezzoforte. It sounds a bit like there was a second instrument - maybe chimes - playing parallel, with very low volume. The other piano sounds do not seem to be affected. I tested this with different headphones (beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro for example) and my JBL studio monitor speakers on all of which I can hear the noise.

I can hardly believe that this could be due to a bad sampling quality.

Any ideas? Thanks for your feedback,

Björn

Posted : 15/11/2019 6:56 pm

Hi, I noticed that right away too. I can hear it on only two notes though: C#''' and D''' (or C#6 / D6, two octaves above middle C).

Every grand piano has its quirks and personality... It might be that the sampled C7 showed these particular "artifacts". It doesn't bother me that much, to be honest.

Posted : 17/11/2019 11:48 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us