Notifications
Clear all

CP 88 polyphony only 128 ??

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Gary
Topic starter

I just ordered the CP 88 and (never noticed b4) I assumed that the polyphony of 256 would for sure be the same as most other NEW keyboards especially the P 515 .? Why would 'nt I need 256 for my performances . Why would Yamaha cheap out on the polyphony of only 128 ? I would have even paid extra for it.....better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it Why is it that I will not need (or not want ) 256 polyphony especially later on ? This really ,really upsets me !!!!!! I guess never assume !! Is this not a PRO model and not a home P 515 ?What am I missing here ?

Posted : 16/06/2020 5:44 pm
Bad Mister

Is this not a PRO model and not a home P 515 ?What am I missing here ?

That the number of notes of polyphony do not necessarily determine if a keyboard is “pro” or “home”.

The P515 is 16-Part multi-timbral with a built-in 16-Track Song Recorder for GM/XG song playback. Optional (furniture) stand — this makes it perfect for the living room or den.

The CP88 Stage is a 3-Part engine, with a 4-Zone Master Keyboard feature for use as a Controller on stage. It features a PB Wheel, and MW for performing, and two jacks for optional Assignable Foot Pedals, plus an assignable Foot Switch. Both balanced and unbalanced stereo outputs... and a stereo input unbalanced 1/4” for connecting an external keyboard/module — these features make it at home on the stage as the center of a stage rig.

These are some of the things that make the CP88 Stage “pro” ...that and the real-time access to customizing and storing your sounds and your entire stage rig’s setup!

Posted : 16/06/2020 7:37 pm
 Gary
Topic starter

Just so afraid by stacking sounds it might cut out some important notes . I do need a lot of polyphony . The good news is .....THIS CP88 KICKS SOME SERIOUS ASS .A superb masterpiece and a JOY to play . Thank you Yamaha !!!!

Posted : 17/06/2020 3:59 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us