CP Tools Librarian and Editor

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Bob
 Bob
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I recently purchased the new CP tools for my CP88. I downloaded the latest Steinberg driver for PC, as well as the new Editor. I also got a new USB 2.0 data cable to connect my stage piano to my computer. I followed the instructions in the CP Tools for setting things up including making sure that my "USB" was turned on inside the CP88. Neither the driver or the editor recognize my CP88. Just says "device not found". Has anyone else tried using the new CP Tools? Any guidance you can offer? Thank you.

Posted : 31/08/2021 7:36 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

You did not mention anything about ensuring your CP88's firmware was updated to the latest version.

Posted : 31/08/2021 8:19 pm
Bob
 Bob
Trusted Member
Topic starter

It is updated to the latest version.

Posted : 01/09/2021 1:07 am
Bad Mister

I know it’s a bit of a pain, but if you could provide the exact information about what you have, it makes it easier to troubleshoot.
For example, I have a Windows PC
I installed the “Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver version 2.0.4 for Win 10 (64-bit)”

If that’s what you have good. Since there is no Steinberg Driver, and without the version number, we really can’t be sure what you actually installed. We can test this…

Power on your computer, power on the CP88.
On your computer go to START > Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver > Control Panel
Open the Control Panel, it will report on the status… ideally you’ll see three tabs:
ASIO — setting for buffer size, etc
CP88 — identifies the connected product
ABOUT — version number of the Driver.

Let us know what you see on the Driver’s Control Panel…

Posted : 01/09/2021 1:52 am
Bob
 Bob
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Appreciate the help. I deleted the Steinberg driver, and re-installed. I restarted my computer and that seemed to do the trick. I am using a PC with Windows 10 as recommended and have the latest update on the CP88 and the Steinberg V2.0.4.

I've only done a few things with the editor so far but would recommend it to others. The library editor alone is a great tool as I typically save multiple set lists / performances for different bands and this is a handy thing to save and move around - much better than on the tiny screen! The performance editor is pretty intuitive as well. I will probably get the one for Montage down the road as I stack the Montage 6 in my rig.

Thank you.

Posted : 02/09/2021 12:37 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us