Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

CP88 piano section toggle switch

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi folks.. finally received my CP88! one small issue though. The toggle on/off switch of the piano section is a bit flimsy and not as solid as the other ones. Is that something I should be worried about? The package was delivered in a good shape so I assume this might be a quality control issue? Have any of you experienced something like this with your CPs?

Posted : 29/10/2019 5:43 am
Bad Mister

The toggle switches that turn a Section On/Off should all be exactly the same.

Posted : 29/10/2019 5:58 pm
Topic starter

Thanks Bad Mister. perhaps I'm being extra perfectionist, the switches move exactly the same in the Y direction turning a section on/off, they do how ever move slightly in the X direction considering the type of the little shell that contains the switch. So one of the switches is moving slightly more than the others in the X direction

Posted : 30/10/2019 7:44 am
 phil

Khalid - what was the outcome of your switch issue? I just purchased a CP88 and it too has one of the toggle switches that feels a bit "loose and clicky" compared to the others. I am concerned that it is half way broken and not sure whether to wait and see or ask for a repair/replacement.

Posted : 14/01/2021 4:40 am
Topic starter

Hi Phil. Actually my CP88 work perfectly fine. That toggle switch still feels a bit wobbly but it doesn’t effect the keyboard’s functions at all so I have no problem with it. I don’t think you should worry about it but if you’re not comfortable with it and you have the option of replacing it then go for it. The YC88 was announced today and I feel really bummed about that! ?

Posted : 15/01/2021 5:03 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Yes, it was interesting to see YC with a NW triple sensor keyboard. I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. At first glance, it seems like putting really comfortable suede and tufted seats in a 4-wheel-drive mud buggy. Kind of hard to clean seats that seem out of place. Great for comfort and style - but not necessarily a match for the usual use case. I know it makes for a great piano experience - but just strange to see drawbars which are pulling for an organist paired with keys that are very "un-organ".

"Obviously" - I haven't played on one yet. So I'm not sure how the YC88's keybed may have been tuned to accommodate the organist. As a non-organist, I do like the combination of features of the YC88. I haven't yet compared the weights to see if it achieves anything novel in terms of providing a great 88 controller in a lightweight package. EDIT: Now I have - the YC88 is the same weight as the CP88 - so no advantage in the YC in that category. (end of edit) I'm thinking this is not revolutionary (it isn't what I described) - but I just haven't dug into the numbers yet.

For the toggle switches - given the variation people have expressed - you may need to buy 10 of them in order to get 3 that match your preferences. They're not terribly expensive on the open market. 24x7 I haven't checked the pricing.

I do think that these switches were designed to have some give in sideways direction because the alternative is to not allow for this and break instead. I would personally regard the wobbly switches as a feature and would prefer the stiff ones to get replaced. But that's just me.

Posted : 15/01/2021 8:44 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us