Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

How to set/program the extended CC# control settings within a Live Set by zone.

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 John
Topic starter

In Master Keyboard mode, on patch change, Zone 1 of the CP73 is sending a control message of 0 value for CC#111 (this corresponds to the Sub section in OFF which I want). How do I override/set the value of this particular Control message (or any CC# parameter) within the Live Set so that only a particular value (e.g. CC#111=40) is sent when the Live Set is selected? Note: CC#111=0 is horrible value for this control value on the patch on the receiving sound module.

MORE: I have been playing with Zone and control service sends to this particular sound module (a FerroFish B4000+ which has no midi map capability), I've noted that other topside controls on the CP73 are also sending CC messages when toggled and those values-by-control seem to be according to the "Control Change Number List" on Page 40 of the User Manual; these are cc messages which I want to manage and specify myself.

So ideally, within a particular Live Set, I would like to know how to do one of two options specified below. The first is a crude solution and the second is ideal to give giiging keyboardists maximum control on stage over multiple sound modules/sequencers on stage.

(A) I would like to send Control Messages for MSB, LSB, Program Change, Sustain, Modulation, and PB and block the sending of Control Messages for other CC#s or from the other fixed-value controls on the CP73.

OR

(B) I would like to set the Control Number on each pot, switch, or knob on the CP73 control surface within each Master Zone within a Live Set, so that I can choose what each CP73 control sends to the sound module on a zone and disable some Controls and CC#s all together.

Thanks
John

Posted : 08/03/2020 10:33 pm
Bad Mister

Thanks for the question.

Press [MENU]
Navigate to GENERAL > “MIDI Settings” > “MIDI Control”

Set “MIDI Control” = Off

This will prevent the CP73 from sending its own settings Out via MIDI. Typically, this MIDI CONTROL would be placed On (only) when working with a DAW and you want the DAW to be able to document and restore your CP73’s own front panel settings. When/If you are using the CP has a Master MIDI Keyboard (not with a DAW) you would likely opt to set MIDI CONTROL = Off.

Each Live Set will store and recall the CP’s own configuration (so it is not necessary to have the CP export it when you are controlling an external device, not a CP73). What MIDI CONTROL On does is send the condition of every lighted button and switch on the current CP front panel Out via MIDI so that it could be captured and echoed back to the CP. The data generated is intended for the CP73 only.

You would put “MIDI CONTROL” = On when you want to export the front panel settings for external storage/recall — this is NOT what you want to do.

See page 28 of the Owner’s Manual for details on the MIDI CONTROL function.

Master Keyboard functions Out via MIDI
When using the MASTER KEYBOARD function to control an external device, activate the “Advanced Zone Sw” = On
This enables the parameters for each MIDI Transmit Zone.
See pages 34-35 for details on the per Zone Transmit options.

Hope that helps. Are you using the Invert function?

Posted : 09/03/2020 1:30 am
 John
Topic starter

OK this is great. I understand my misunderstanding about the Midi Control general Menu setting and how Zone Setting and Advanced Settings can allow more control.

I haven't uncracked the Midi contol options that Zone/Advanced configuration will allow yet. But i did change the Midi Control and I am able to play the recieving patch on the ext Sound Module just as intended. I will play with Advanced settings during my time at home over the next couple weeks.

Thanks much 'Bad Mister' - will comment back here if I run into further confusion.

Posted : 14/03/2020 12:57 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us