Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Keybed issues CP 73

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Since several people reported keybed issues with the CP73, I suddenly doubt my decision to order one myself. I have a Montage and Reface CP and in the past I had the EX5 and Motif XS and really had never any problems with the keybeds or whatsoever. So I am a little surprised to hear this kind of complaints about Yamaha stuff. To me Yamaha stands for reliability.
Unfortunately I need the 73 instead of the 88 keys, because I hear no negative reports about the 88. There are 2 posts I see in the last month on this site, one concerning the repeat ability of the black keys and one about some noisy keys. On Youtube someone showed the issue also. I think it needs a final answer of Yamaha. It's to silent from their site. (yes I saw Blake and Badmister answered, but to me it felt like if they were denying the problem or at least it felt like they were downplaying the problem. So Yamaha are both the keybed problems (blackkeys repetition and some noisy keys) a production failure and therefore a fact or have the people who reported accidental bad luck?
And if there is a production problem will it be solved in a second batch or something? Please, Yamaha be open about it so that I can keep my respect and stay a lover of your company.
I really like to know, because I need a stagepiano pretty soon.

Posted : 30/04/2020 1:03 pm

I have also been having increasing problems with the keyed on my CP73 over the last few months. I purchased it new in October. To make matters more frustrating I have had no response from Yamaha for the last 2 months as the keys continue to get noisier.

Posted : 13/05/2020 4:41 am

Since several people reported keybed issues with the CP73, I suddenly doubt my decision to order one myself. I have a Montage and Reface CP and in the past I had the EX5 and Motif XS and really had never any problems with the keybeds or whatsoever. So I am a little surprised to hear this kind of complaints about Yamaha stuff. To me Yamaha stands for reliability.
Unfortunately I need the 73 instead of the 88 keys, because I hear no negative reports about the 88. There are 2 posts I see in the last month on this site, one concerning the repeat ability of the black keys and one about some noisy keys. On Youtube someone showed the issue also. I think it needs a final answer of Yamaha. It's to silent from their site. (yes I saw Blake and Badmister answered, but to me it felt like if they were denying the problem or at least it felt like they were downplaying the problem. So Yamaha are both the keybed problems (blackkeys repetition and some noisy keys) a production failure and therefore a fact or have the people who reported accidental bad luck?
And if there is a production problem will it be solved in a second batch or something? Please, Yamaha be open about it so that I can keep my respect and stay a lover of your company.
I really like to know, because I need a stagepiano pretty soon.

100% my thoughts exactly the same. Thats all whole sad.

Posted : 24/07/2020 8:11 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us