Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Sub Sustain Issue (Am I missing something?)

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Do any of the sub sounds pad/organ/synth etc sustain indefinitely when using the sustain pedal??
I looked through the menu and there is nothing to indicate a certain setting for the pedal or in the sub section itself
Usually my external sounds sustain indefinitely when pressing the sustain pedal so I thought I might be missing something??
Hopefully someone out there can guide me appropriately??
Many Thanks
Darrin

Posted : 22/07/2019 6:56 pm
Bad Mister

Whether or not any sound sustains depends on the “Setting” for that Section.

Here is what you have likely discovered, if you start with LIVE SET program, say Page 1, Number 1, “CFX” the “Setting” here for Sustain Pedal defaults to “Receive Switch” = On for the Piano, E.Piano, and Sub Sections. If you start with this program, and simply substitute a sound in the Sub section, it will inherit the Sustain pedal Receive Switch = On.

But let’s say instead you start with LIVE SET Page 1, Number 4 “U1” the Rock Upright, here the Sustain Function is On for the Piano and E.Piano Sections, but defaults to Off for the Sub Section.

If you start “programming” from a particular Live Set - when you activate a program in a Section it will inherit the Controller “Settings” for that Section.

Each Live Set program can be customized.

Press [Settings]
Turn the Knob to select “Controllers”
Press the Knob to see the options
Select “Receive Sw”
Press the Knob to see the options
Select “Sustain”
You will see you can set each Section separately.

If you want the Sub Section to respond to Sustain pedal, move the highlight to “Sub”, press the Knob to select , turn the Knob to switch it On.

If you use the Sub Section as a pad sound, you might opt to Store a Live Set with Receive Sw = On
If you use the Sub Section as a walking bass, you might opt to Store a Live Set with Receive Sw = Off

Any change you make under the [SETTINGS] button are stored per Live Set location. There are 20 Pages of Live Sets, 8 locations per Page.

Posted : 22/07/2019 8:11 pm
Topic starter

Thank you ever so much.
Cheers,
Darrin

Posted : 22/07/2019 9:18 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us