Notifications
Clear all

USB midi connection to iPad

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I have a question regarding usb midi

I’m using zone 1 in my CP88 to control Hammond B3-X from my iPad. Everything is working fine and I’ve assigned a couple of live set slots with splits and other sounds and controlling everything in the app from the CP.
The problem is when I change the sound I still get the signal from the iPad. So I have to disconnect the iPad or close the app if I don’t want it to play.
Is there a way to get the sound from the iPad only when I assign the zones and switch it off for the rest of the sounds?
Apologies in advance if this has been answered before

Posted : 15/11/2020 3:00 pm
Bad Mister

Sorry, we don’t know anything about your iPad app (assume you do). What MIDI Channel are you using to communicate with the app?

Is there a way to get the sound from the iPad only when I assign the zones and switch it off for the rest of the sounds?

Use a MIDI Channel other than what your CP88 is not set to send on.

It is sounding because the channels match.
If the channels do not match, the app will not sound.

Things you can do:
Press [MENU] > “General” > “MIDI Setting” > ‘Tx” (Transmit) > set this to OFF
This will prevent the CP88 from transmitting Out via MIDI, except in those Live Set Sound locations in which you have activated the Master Keyboard function “Settings”. Set the MIDI Channel you wish to use within the Zone settings of that program.

Posted : 16/11/2020 8:49 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us