Notifications
Clear all

Android app to change patches on CP4

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Phil
Topic starter

Hi, I've spent a lot of time searching for an app that will organise my sheet music and notes quickly into set lists.I also wanted an easy way to reorder my patches on the CP4 into set lists. I found Mobile Sheets Pro and have found it to be excellent so far.

I can share files via dropbox, easily create and edit notes with pictures/scans of sheet music on my android tablet, quickly shuffle songs into set list order and back them up.

Most importantly for me, when playing, as I scroll to the next song in the set the tablet sends out a midi patch change command which sets the correct patch on my CP4. This can work both ways, if I change patches on my keyboard, the corresponding chart appears on the tablet. To achieve this I used a cheap "micro b" to "female A" USB OTG adapter cable and a standard usb lead that you would find on a printer. No midi interface is required, straight into the usb port on the cp4.

I have no affiliation with the company, just thought I would share my findings as I guess some people would find this useful. You can try the free version which limits you to 8 songs or so to check it works for you. Your tablet must be able to use OTG/ midi interface, not all do.

Thanks, Phil

Posted : 15/03/2018 4:08 pm
m
 m

Nice!

Posted : 15/03/2018 5:18 pm

Phil, I use Mobile Sheets Pro (on Fire HD 10) and I just ordered a CP4. What device do you run Mobile Sheets Pro on?

Posted : 02/06/2019 5:41 pm
 Adam

Sorry for the late question, but can this be done while outside of "Performance Select" or "Performance Direct Select?"

Posted : 01/04/2020 5:50 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us