Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Audio system for CP4

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Daer All, Is there any recommendation yamaha home audio system for CP4 ? I try using DBR10, but I feel that the DBR10 sound is not quite good enough for CP4. Thank you.

Posted : 17/06/2017 1:05 pm

Hi,

for me Yamaha stagepas 600i and Motionsound subwoofer SW15 is a good solution !

Posted : 17/06/2017 2:38 pm
Bad Mister

Yamaha DBR are loudspeakers meant to act in "long throw" (large performing) situations. If you are defining a home audio system, you would do better looking at Studio Monitors. They are designed and optimized for critical listening - personal use - versus a loudspeaker which really sounds best turned up loud and heard from a distance.

Both categories of speakers start modestly in price and run up until you run out of money. But don't confuse the roles, one is designed for LOUD (long throw) use, the other is designed for critical (near-field) listening. The DBR produce over 1000 Watts of audio output and will be appreciated in rooms large enough for club situation or concert. The Studio Monitors are optimized for use within a critical listening distance of three or four feet... where you sit in a equilateral triangle relationship.

Here are examples of recommended Studio Monitors

HS (Home Studio)
MSP (Monitor Speaker Professional)

Something like the StagePas is designed to give some of that high fidelity accuracy found in Studio Monitors, while also having the projection capabilities of a performance level loudspeaker. Perfect if you need to split that difference. While you would not take Studio Monitors to a gig, you could take a StagePas system. It is designed for small venues and delivers a high quality sound with power to fill small clubs nicely.

Posted : 17/06/2017 8:27 pm
Topic starter

Thank you for your advice.

Posted : 18/06/2017 7:23 am
Topic starter

Has somebody tried CP4 with Yamaha MSP5 for home audio ?
What is the sound quality ?

Posted : 30/06/2017 6:30 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us