Notifications
Clear all

Audio volume between Wave files and keyboard

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Tony
Topic starter

I have made various wave files which I use with my keyboard acting as backing tracks. I make sure they are all of similar volume. In my set up I have the wave files set at 127 on the CP4 and I find that if I set the volume slider at around halfway for the main piano then the balance between the backing tracks and piano is about right. However when I switch the CP4 off and back on even though the volume slider is still set at halfway the Piano defaults back to a much louder setting and you have to reapply the volume slider again. Is there a way for the CP4 to remember the volume slider position when you switch on?

I have not yet set any of my own performance modes and I am just using the original setups.

Posted : 23/03/2015 1:18 am
Bad Mister

And you have pretty much answered your own question! Yes, there is... In order to get the CP4 Stage to remember the Volume setting you must press the [STORE] button and write your Volume setting to a Performance location 001-128.

The original setups do not take into account your preferences. If you have decided what balance is right for your .Wav files and you playing the internal sound, that is your preference and worth storing into your instrument.

The Performances are all in User memory and are designed to be customized by you for your needs... This includes the balance between .Wav playback and the internal volume.

Hope that helps.

Posted : 23/03/2015 3:17 am
 Tony
Topic starter

That all makes sense. Thanks for the advice. I'd better start making some performance settings.

Posted : 23/03/2015 9:55 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us