Clear all

CP4 connecting to MainStage

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
 Cor
Topic starter

Hi,

I'm making a lay-out of the CP4 in MainStage and I'm not sure if I make the right choices, maybe someone can help.

What I want to have in MainStage is
1) A basic patch that just gives me the CP4 functionality including the three parts, for normal playing, jamming, exploring sounds/performances etc.
2) special patches for specific songs, where I can split the keyboard in multiple parts and use sounds of the CP4, the computer and external keyboard.

The second point is not a problem at this moment. I understood that "Local off" is the best option and to organize the routing in MainStage.

The first point, I have an idea how to do it but I'm not sure... The main difficult is that given "Local off" (which can't be toggled via midi/MainStage?), I want to have the split and controls (like sustain for the main and layer) like the way it was ment in the CP4 Performances, no matter which performance I select in the CP4.

Does anybody know if the following works? Or suggestions?

- Keyboard Layout 1 (88 keys) - incoming midi channel 1 forwarded to external instrument 1 sending on channel 1 (Main Part)
- Keyboard Layout 2 (88 keys) - incoming midi channel 2 forwarded to external instrument 2 sending on channel 2 (Layer Part)
- Keyboard Layout 3 (88 keys) - incoming midi channel 3 forwarded to external instrument 3 sending on channel 3 (Split Part)
- Sustain and FC incoming midi channel 1, forwarded to channel 1 and extra forwarded to channel 2 and 3.

Audio input of external instrument 1 routed from CP4 to Main Mix (including the audio of Main/Layer/Split)
No audio input of external instrument 2 and 3 ('cause these audio is are already included in external instrument nr 1)
Volume mix of Main/Layer/Split by the faders on the CP4

Thanks,
Cor

Posted : 31/12/2015 10:14 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us