Notifications
Clear all

CP4 Drum Loops

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Bob
Topic starter

I just purchased a used CP4. I can't seem to find any drum loops on board. Can you guys tell me if the CP4 has drum loops on board to use as backing to the other sounds. I found the drums and percussion buttons but those seem to be just for playing drum sounds. No pre programed drum backing tracks in various styles like jazz, rock, or ballad. Ive downloaded the manual and can't find anything in there as well so maybe the CP4 just doesn't have it available. Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way. The CP4 is an amazing instrument. I narrowed my search down to the Korg Kronos, Nord Stage 2, and Yamaha CP4. The yamaha is the best in class. I was lucky enough to stumble on a good deal for a used one. Other wise I would have purchased a new CP4.

Posted : 09/06/2015 8:16 pm
Bad Mister

There are no drum loops or patterns in the CP4 Stage.

What you can do... You are provided several Drum Kit VOICES (in the OTHERS category), you can create your own drum grooves and backing tracks.
_ You can record to an external DAW program.
_ You can record and playback your own backing as Audio by recording directly to a USB drive connected to the "To Device" port (see page 35 in the Owner's Manual.

Alternatively:
_ You can connect any playback device to the Stereo 1/8" (mini-jack) AUX IN on the back panel
for example _ An App like Yamaha's Mobile Music Sequencer can be used to create intracate backing tracks that can playback through the AUX IN

Posted : 09/06/2015 11:14 pm
 Bob
Topic starter

Thank you Bad Mister. Ive done both and they work like a charm. I apriciate you feedback.

Posted : 10/06/2015 12:27 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us