Notifications
Clear all

CP4's own internal midi sounds into logic

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 tom
Topic starter

I can bring CP4's midi sounds into logic, having to connect both the usb into my Imac, and the audio out's into my komplete audio 6.
Both the midi and the audio tracks are fine.
What I'd like to do is be able to change the midi voice after I record it, keeping the midi commands (the notes I'm playing) but switching the midi voices from within the Cp4, just as I would be able to do with the internal midi instruments, like Kontakt or the stock voices that come with Logic.
Is this possible? I seem to remember that I was able to do precisely this with past Yamaha boards, like the S90, MOX, MOXF... Have I forgotten the correct procedure to accomplish this? (most likely it's been a while...) or is this just not a possibility with this particular board?
Thanks in advance
TD

Posted : 25/04/2017 3:45 pm
Bad Mister

The CP4 Stage is three PART multi-timbral (the other keyboards you mentioned were all 16 PART multi-timbral, just FYI). The Receive PART Channels are fixed as follows:

MAIN = Channel 1
LAYER = Channel 2
SPLIT = Channel 3

Posted : 26/04/2017 5:41 am
 tom
Topic starter

Thanks for the reminder Phil- I realize that I only have the tree channels to play with, but can keep copying them to new audio tracks with different voices. A little different from what I remember, but not a big deal.
thanks again, you always manage to steer me right
TD

Posted : 26/04/2017 8:47 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us