Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Looking for recommendations for a powered speaker or amp for CP4.

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I'm considering purchasing a new amp or powered speaker for an on-stage 'personal' monitor where the CP4 goes through the house PA via a Yamaha MG10XU mixer, as well as suitable for rehearsals without going through a PA. The live performance setup is CP4 to the Yamaha MG10XU. The mixer provides XLR to the snake as well as 1/4" to the personal monitor. I'm currently using a QSC K12 which is OK, but I'm looking for something smaller and more suited to a personal monitor rather than a PA. Need more info? Thanks.

Posted : 10/12/2019 2:58 pm

I had the same dilemma when I got my CP4, I ended up buying a pair of Yamaha DXR12s, They can be used as mainbackline if need be or floor wedges and have rear panel settings to change from FOH to Monitors. Dependent on stage volumes and how you need to use them you might also look at the smaller DXR10s or even the smaller still DXR8s.

There are other active speakers on the market at various prices and dependent on your budget the Yamaha's are well worth a look imho

Posted : 11/12/2019 11:43 pm

Powered speakers have this name because they are self-powered as they have their own built-in amplifier. Actually, powered speakers are those that have all the electric parts placed in one cabinet and the only thing left for you to do is to connect them to the power source and to some audio source.

Find more info here : https://www.audioreputation.com/what-are-powered-speakers/

Posted : 03/03/2020 4:39 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us