Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Main and Layer always on the Upper? Split always on the Lower? Also can Split voice respond to the sustain pedal?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

One frustration that I have found using the CP4 is that the Main and Layer have to be on the upper part of the keyboard, and the Split on the lower. I wish that I could layer piano or electric piano with strings on the lower part of the keyboard, and then reach up and play horns on the very upper part of the keyboard. To put the main and layer on the right and play the horns on the left is totally unnatural for me. As well, with the limitation of transposing the part only 2 octaves up or down, I can't bring the horns up to the pitch that I need if I put them very low on the keyboard. Another combination that would be good for me would be piano and pad on the lower part of the keyboard with organ on the upper part. Oh well, I guess not possible.....or could Yamaha somehow provide an update that would allow us to configure sounds this way??? I have a another question: How can I get the Split voice to respond to the sustain pedal? Is it possible? Thank you.

Posted : 28/01/2018 8:56 am
Bad Mister

I have a another question: How can I get the Split voice to respond to the sustain pedal?

Page 22 of your Reference Manual, each Part has a Receive Switch where you can opt in or out for each controller - all but Drum Parts can be set for Sustain pedal.

Posted : 28/01/2018 4:07 pm
Topic starter

Thank you.

Posted : 28/01/2018 11:59 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us