Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Please take this survey and help our product development team!

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Member Admin
Topic starter

Your input influences our development for your synthesizers! Take just a few minutes to let us know more about you in this short survey.

Thank you!

Posted : 13/11/2017 8:58 pm

This survey is only about how Yamaha can get the word out to it's customers. There is no area for product feedback.

Posted : 25/12/2017 9:47 pm
Bad Mister

Scott,
That is one of the most important things this particular team needs from the potential customers. Product feedback is gathered (by a different team) in less anonymous ways (translate: ways where a one-on-one conversations can take place with hands-on the product) this weeds out the uninformed, the trolls and the jokesters (and the clueless). Please, provide this info, if you are into music and perform professionally.... trolls and crazy dreamers need not reply. Assume the team for gathering product features has done its work... now we need to get that product successfully in the marketplace.

We’ve had great product before that no one found out about ... until too late. Everyone remembers Betamax... the best doesn’t always wind up being successful, and the reason is usually about reaching the customer. If you only shop online, you buy on specs and pictures, yikes!
What if your products strongest points are sound, touch and feel.... how do you reach out and get that customer. That is the tougher question than “feature set”

Ask any ten musicians, they will rant endlessly about feature set... more useful for getting the product into the market (once the feature set is worked out) is a survey that gives feedback on customer trends in seeking and buying. If you can’t touch a product any more (in a future where everything is just websites... how do you sell “touch and feel”?

Posted : 27/12/2017 11:17 am

Bad Mister,
Thank you for your reply. I did fill out the survey so hopefully that info will help the Yamaha development team. I was just disappointed there was no area for suggestions on upcoming products. From what you said, I should have that opportunity at some point from another team. I tour the United States and Canada with a national act and play about 100 shows a year. I would think Yamaha might like to know some things I think would make for an even better keyboard. The way I found out about how great this board feels was when I actually got to play one at a concert in California and we used rental gear instead of our own. I ended up liking the rental Yamaha better than my own gear. But I do have some thoughts on improvements I'd love to share at some point. I am looking forward to using this keyboard and I like this discussion group too. Thank you.

Posted : 28/12/2017 5:32 pm
Bad Mister

Yamaha is always interested in what musicians have to say... if you look at some of the videos that outline the development of products, you'll find it is an on-going process... a survey like the one above is very important going forward. We are very aware that Yamaha presence in the rental pool of backline companies is an important place of discovery for many professional performers. Yamaha's sound, realibility, and consistency makes it a no-brained for most rental pools...

Thank you for participating in the survey, it helps.

Posted : 28/12/2017 8:58 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us