Notifications
Clear all

Possible faulty on my CP4 - sound artefacts

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello everyone!

I have noticed high frequency sound that sounds very veird, audible artifact on Rhodes an Wurly sounds on CP4 stage piano.
This artifacts happen in key off samples.

Here's a link to the footage and audio records of the problem:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5eBdiISIpzXfmdlMmgzZ2NuY0ZiWDFkSU9pN2pNN3loanptRFBJTnROMUtfNDZVdWxOdm8&usp=sharing

The first two clips are in wave format recorded from CP4. Problem can clearly be heard at 0:20, 0:23, 0:35, 0:36 on the first wave file. It sounds like hiss or noise in spectrum of 8 kHz and higher.

Also, I have recorded a video by mobile phone where it can be heard also, but is audible less due cell phone bad audio record.

So problem occurs when playing keys G2, G2 sharp, A2, Bb2 in small octave, and C4 sharp, D4, Eb4, E4, F4..

Can you please confirm is this normal behavior?

Thank you very much

Posted : 30/03/2015 7:26 pm
Bad Mister

If you're asking, can you make your Rhodes and Wurli sounds do this? Absolutely. Perhaps you should try programming them a bit more, particularly if you don't like this artifact. I had a Rhodes that used to do that exact thing... Took me the better part of a day to fix it... By adjusting the strike position... It will take you less than ten seconds to "fix" this on a CP4 Stage! Add only as much as you like, and if you don't like it, by all means... Reduce it. You have the technology!

What are your edit settings?

Posted : 31/03/2015 2:27 am
Topic starter

All edit settings are factory settings, for me it was weird that at 0 setting of keyoff volume this artifact was so loud.

Yes, you are true, solution is to reduce keyoff volume and it will be (almost) gone.

It is ok now.

Thank you for your answer.

Posted : 01/04/2015 11:17 am
 Adam

Hello,
I have got the same problem. Is there any other way to fix it?? I love this stage piano but hate rhodes because of those awful artefacts.. Yamaha, it is a shame!!!!!! I would like to get some update. I don't want to set up keyoff sound to -16 because I love it, but without aby artefacts. Is there any Yamaha Support guy???

Best wishes.

Posted : 05/08/2015 7:33 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us