Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

String Resonance possible in the future for the CP4?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

After the recent release of Kurzweil's string resonance algorithm for the Forte series stage pianos, I was wondering if Yamaha could do the same for the CP4? I think the CP4 has some of the best organic emulations of Acoustic Pianos, but the lack of the string resonance makes it a little lifeless when recording. I still think it's a great stage piano but nearly all other professional stage pianos now have this feature. Can Yamaha make this happen?

Posted : 18/03/2016 5:09 pm
Topic starter

Looks like it's something Yamaha can't do. I'm sure in a year or two they'll create a CP "something" and add a "new" feature that they already have in another keyboard (like string resonance from say a P255 or better yet VRM from their CLP series) and call it, "The Best Stage Piano They Have Ever Made". I've moved on. I sold my CP4 and picked up a Kawai MP7 and haven't looked back. Better to have an instrument with the features you need now, rather than hope and wait for features to be added.

Posted : 10/04/2016 3:55 pm
Eminent Member

I started to record the CP4 recently. I initially had the same perspective as the OP. Then, I went under the hood, with a sonic vision in mind, and approached an achievable, compelling natural sound. Utterly surprised. Thanks to Bad Mister for his programming lessons and concepts over the years.

Posted : 12/09/2016 4:30 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us