Notifications
Clear all

Velocity curve settings

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello,

I bought my CP4 a few months ago and I'm still very happy with the sound and the keybed, but ... I'm still struggling with the user interface and the configuration of some features.
For instance, I'd want to set the velocity curve for a particular performance. The only place I find to change the velocity curve is in Global mode.
So, my question: Is it possible to save the velocity curve in performance mode?

Best regards,
Joris

Posted : 26/09/2014 9:21 am
Ave
 Ave

The velocity curve setting is global and applies to all voices and performances.
What you can do is edit the velocity depth and offset to customize the velocity response for each voice in a performance.

Let us know if that will work as a solution for you.

Posted : 26/09/2014 3:57 pm

I was interested in this, too, so I played around with the part settings in the dual harpsichord performance. It appeared that velocity depth:64 and velocity offset 127 got me a key response with no velocity (which is what I want for harpsichord) without making a global change to velocity. I changed and saved it for both main and layer and adjusted the part volumes. Is this the correct way to go about it? Thanks. David

Posted : 30/09/2014 4:46 am
Bad Mister

I was interested in this, too, so I played around with the part settings in the dual harpsichord performance. It appeared that velocity depth:64 and velocity offset 127 got me a key response with no velocity (which is what I want for harpsichord) without making a global change to velocity. I changed and saved it for both main and layer and adjusted the part volumes. Is this the correct way to go about it?

By setting a Velocity Depth of 64 and a Velocity Offset of 127 touching the keyboard will output a fixed velocity. Technically speaking, you are adding an "offset" velocity value of 127 to all input from the keyboard. And because the overall output cannot exceed 127 all values are fixed at 127.You would then adjust the PART GAIN to a value that is comfortable for you to play.

These two parameters can be used to create various velocity response curves on a per PART basis which gets stored in the Performance.

Posted : 30/09/2014 1:51 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us