Notifications
Clear all

Changelog for the AN1X OS??

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hey there!

I just got a Yamaha AN1X with firmware 1.01 in it.

I noticed that there's some chips around to upgrade to v 1.04

I couldn't find any changelog of what have been "fixed" or "improved", I don't know if it's worth the hassle swapping the chips.

If anyone could help me, I thank in advance.

Posted : 26/03/2015 1:43 pm
Bad Mister

I noticed that there's some chips around to upgrade to v 1.04

?

Not sure I know what that means. "Chips"

Even if they are legit, a firmware difference between 1.01 and 1.04 is not big enough a change to warrant a significant digit and therefore is definitely not worth your time, effort or money (?) to change. If the update was in the first digit after the dot, well then maybe. But I never hear of "some chips around to upgrade " a Yamaha AN1X.

If you are really curious - drop an email to Yamaha Customer Support. Don't expect an immediate answer as the AN1X was from the last century, so someone will have to dig into the archives to find the info. I have a fairly good memory for such things and I do not recall a significant firmware update concerning the AN1X - what did you notice they were saying it was supposed to do?

Posted : 27/03/2015 12:33 am
Topic starter

Hi mate!

Thanks for your reply!

You can find at ebay the EPROM for 1.04 version

It says that fix a early low voltage warning and the response of the delay when modulated, something like that. Nothing major, i Know, but I'm more concerned of what have been addressed by the .02 and 0.3 updates, given that mine is .01

I've sent them an email. Just wondering what OS other people got in their machines...

Posted : 27/03/2015 2:38 am
Topic starter

Even Yamaha doesn´t know about the changelog (FACEPALM)

There are AN1Xs with 1.00, 1.01, 1.02, 1.03 and 1.04 OS, as far as I know...

I will end up buying the freaking IC with the 1.04, I´m OCD about this stuff

Yamaha, can´t believe you don´t know what you did with your own synth, disappointed

Posted : 31/03/2015 3:56 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us