Synth Forum

Configuration for L...

Notifications
Clear all

Configuration for Live performance with Motif & VST (no playback)

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Paul
Topic starter

Hello Bad Mister,

Thanks for your professional support.

Referring to my earlier post I propose a first item :

STARTING FROM SCRATCH FOR A COMPLETE LIVE-PERFORMANCE WITH MOTIF & VST (NO PLAY-BACK)

I have Motif XS, Classic, ES-rack and VST Kontakt, Cubase, Macbook

Thanks for your tutorial for setting up a GM-reset :
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/a_short_tutorial_creating_proper_gm_files

I searched for a good example : Wedding March (Mendelsohn)…Everybody knows this song I presume ???

Should be played live completely by myself, but I need the configuration of all instruments to be ready at hand.

Instruments which I like to use (all on different channels : MSB,LSB, PC,Controllers, etc….)
- Upper manual (limited note-range):
-Motif XS St-Pauls Cathedral
-VST Kontakt organ
- Medium manual (chords-limited note-range)
-Motif organ & strings
- Pedal (limited note-range)
-Motif
-VST Kontakt

I know exactly the note limits for each channel.

How do I play this today ?
-Using Cubase I have to configure every instrument on several tracks (using your proposal for reset&controllers)
-When I want to start I have to load the song in Cubase and trigger the sequence only for 1 measure.
-Then we hope that everything is OK
This is a lot of hazzle to start the song live, but if it works and the sound is great ----compliments to the sound engineers !!!!

You gave me a hint to load different songs in Cubase and then to hit the one I want, but I have first to scroll through the first measure I understood, or ?
I will try this tomorrow...

This example is typical for playing everything live: the sequencer is only needed for starting up all instruments in the desired configuration.
To record this on forehand is ridiculous as I can manage all instruments and influence the tempo live & solo volume, so I have everything in my own hands
And….very important : the sounds are great and a big pleasure to play !

Just to know if this is the best method.
Do I have alternatives which are faster and more stable ?

I come back with another item….
Thanks again

Posted : 22/02/2015 1:01 am
 Paul
Topic starter

Sorry for the mismatch in the text :
correction
Instruments which I like to use (all on different channels : MSB,LSB, PC,Controllers, etc….)
- Upper manual (limited note-range):
Motif XS St-Pauls Cathedral
VST Kontakt organ
- Medium manual (chords-limited note-range)
Motif organ & strings
- Pedal (limited note-range)
Motif
VST Kontakt

Posted : 22/02/2015 1:06 am
Bad Mister

I'm not clear on what you are envisioning here - what does "Upper manual" and "Medium manual" mean and "Pedal mean"? I guess you are trying to recreate a Pipe organ but it is not at all clear from what you wrote what you intend to be playing. Are you playing one keyboard or what?

Assume I don't know what you are trying to do, cause I don't?
And you will need to know the capabilities of Kontakt - I know nothing about that software at all, sorry.

Posted : 22/02/2015 7:33 pm
 Paul
Topic starter

Hello,
I think we have a missing link about the song : Wedding March (Mendelsohn)
should explain everything, if you are willing to listen.
http://mcn3.music-clips.net/dym_down.php?id=041e8ade7c9a9cc9bf461c73e331adf3

If you recognize the song, then you must have a lot of inspiration on handling this in MOTIFs.
And, THAT WAS THE QUESTION
Thanks

Posted : 23/02/2015 9:50 pm
Bad Mister

?

Your link sends me nowhere

🙁

Was my question strange? Are you envisioning playing one keyboard or on multiple sets of keys?

Posted : 23/02/2015 10:26 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us