Clear all

Controlling volume of a layer with FC7 pedal on a CP300

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Jeff
Topic starter

Regarding CP300

I simply want to use my FC7 pedal to adjust the volume of the dual layer only, instead of using the the zone slider. Does anyone know if this is possible? At the moment the pedal will control the volume of both layers. I have not seen how I can control individual zones. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted : 13/08/2019 8:51 am
Bad Mister

Not ignoring your question, double checking the information.

As I recall the Zone Sliders are the method to control the layers. While there are three momentary pedal jacks (Soft, Sostenuto, Sustain) and a Foot Controller jack, I don’t recall that the Expression pedal is Assignable to just control a single Part. I don’t have one here, so let me me verify this with Customer Support. I remember there were many things that could be done with the pedal ports, but I just don’t recall it having that level of reassignable functions... standby.

Posted : 14/08/2019 4:18 am
 Jeff
Topic starter

I would be surprised if Yamaha didn't allow the zone controls to be used for volume with a foot pedal. It makes no sense to remove a hand to adjust a layer volume or swell volume.

I look forward to hearing what you find out.
Thank you Mr. Mister πŸ˜€

Posted : 14/08/2019 7:21 pm
Bad Mister

We make a different product for that kind of control. The CP Stage pianos CP4/40 and new CP73/88 feature the more flexible Controller functions. The CP Hundred series boards have a different feature set. Not as deep in the custom editing area as the β€œStage” units.

Frankly, I would be surprised if the CP300 accommodated that type of editing on board... particularly because they provided for independent level control via the front panel SLIDERS.

I understand what you’re saying, but as I recall that was one of the big differences between the CP Stage series and the CP’s in the Hundred series (beyond the built-in Speakers). Designed for the classroom or rehearsal situation where a stand-alone instrument was required. They tried to stuff as many features into the CP300 as they could, but the independent assigning of the pedals to the layers, is not apart of that series. That’s what I recall. I will verify and post back if my memory is faulty.

In general, the Stage-series has more of the advanced features, and certainly allows independent control of the layered sound via Assignable Foot Controller.

Posted : 14/08/2019 8:41 pm
 Jeff
Topic starter

Thank you very much for your input. I currently own 2 s90es' (for on the road), and a classic Motif88. I only purchased this used Cp300 because the action feels great to me. Unfortunately it's probably not quite as feature rich as I expected.

And also thank you for always being so quick to respond. You have really helped me out through the years.

Posted : 16/08/2019 12:48 am
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us