Clear all

FS1R and MIDI receive problems

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Tom
Topic starter

Hello,

First time here as I've recently got hold of an FS1R.

I'm having problems getting MIDI from my DAW (Reaper) into the FS1R. It simply does not respond to any MIDI I send it from my DAW.

I know it's MIDI board works properly because when I plug a keyboard directly into MIDI in it plays fine. I can send it MIDI on channels 1 through 6 and it functions as expected.

The problem occurs when I send it MIDI from the USB MIDI interface (Mackie MCU Pro) connected to my computer.

I have a TX802 that is also connected to the same MIDI interface and this is functioning fine.

Is there a specific setting to receive MIDI from a DAW, I'm really stuck!

Any help greatly appreciated,

Tom

Posted : 08/03/2018 12:43 pm
Bad Mister

As you state MIDI IN seems to be working fine when sent in directly from a keyboard. There is nothing special or different when coming from your DAW except you have to configure the MIDI Iinterface that is converting USB-MIDI to 5-pin MIDI. Check that connection.

Posted : 08/03/2018 8:25 pm
Thor
 Thor
Eminent Member

I had the same problem when I first got my FS1R, the problem was the midi interface. Some USB hardware interfaces don't function properly with the older synthesizers, something to do with the communications settings. I junked the one I had and bought a MidiSport which has worked flawlessly since then. I can't speak to any other brand of interface since I haven't tried them out, but the difference seems to be in the driver. The standard Windows drivers don't communicate well with the FS1R. The MidiSport uses a custom driver programmed by the manufacturer. Try this out and it should most likely fix the problem.

Posted : 10/03/2018 6:14 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us