How to shift octave...

Notifications
Clear all

How to shift octave on Yamaha MO6/MO8 mixing voice

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

How can I change the octave on one Yamaha MO6/M08 Mixing Voice ? I am creating a pattern - and in my mix I have different voices assigned to each part. In one part, I have brought in a preset voice and am trying to change the pitch and save it as a mixing voice but can't seem to find the options to shift the octave ? The manual shows that if I go [SONG] or [PATTERN] ➞ [MIXING] ➞ [F2] VOICE ➞ Normal Voice selection ➞ [F5] VCE ED ➞ Element selection [F2] PITCH - I would be able to get there .. but I don't see those options and was wondering if it's not really possible - or I maybe just doing it wrong ? I'm hoping someone can help. I did some searching over in Motifator.com but didn't find what I was looking for - unless I missed it. I thought about bringing the voice from preset into the User area and changing the octave there - but it seems the only way I am able to do that is it save it as a Performance and change the octave. Appreciate your help in advance.Thank you.

Posted : 27/09/2021 12:10 am
Bad Mister

NOTE SHIFT the Tone Generator
Set the instrument to interpret the notes that are already recorded SHIFT the sound of the Tone Generator.

From [SONG] or [PATTERN] mode
Press [MIXING] — this gives you access to the synth sounds associated with this Sequence
Press [EDIT]
Press the Track #, 1-16, containing the instrument you wish to SHIFT
Press [F4] TONE
Press [SF1] TUNE
Tune the instrument up/down… each increment is a semitone. 12 semitones = an octave
Press [STORE]

Posted : 27/09/2021 12:39 am
Topic starter

Thank you. You helped me figure out what I was doing wrong. I was hitting VCE ED instead of Edit. That did the trick. Thank you so much Phil,

Posted : 27/09/2021 12:58 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us