Clear all

Motif Classic to Motif ES rack data conversion/loading

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Michele
Topic starter

As in the subject…

Assuming I have just a SmartMedia Card coming from a non functional Motif Classic, is there a way to load its Voices and Perfs on the Motif ES rack?
Thanks in advance.

Posted : 19/02/2018 10:58 pm
Michele
Topic starter

Is so impossible to reply this question?

Posted : 05/03/2018 12:34 pm
Bad Mister

Sorry, some questions fall through the cracks.

It is kind of impossible to answer this, a non-functional Motif classic means you have data and it’s only on a SmartMedia card.
Well, we are pretty sure you know, there is no SmartMedia slot on the Motif-Rack ES.

So obviously you can’t just plug it in. So what is going to read the files on that SmartMedia card?
Your Motif is non-functioning.

The Motif-Rack ES can Load the following types of data from the Motif classic:
Motif Voice Editor files (*.w2e)

So unless you have your Motif data saved in the Motif Editor format on that SmartMedia card, you have no way of transferring the data, sorry.
Do you even know what type of files are on the card?
Do you have a SmartMedia card reader?
Did you ever work with the Motif Voice Editor and you might have such a file type?
What is non functional about the Motif Classic?

Connect the Motif to your computer via USB, use the Motif Voice Editor to capture the Library... as a (*.w2e) File, then you can use the Motif-Rack ES Voice Editor to open the file.

Posted : 05/03/2018 1:33 pm
Michele
Topic starter

Hello Bad Mister

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately that Motif Classic is completely out of order due to a downpour. Thus what I have is just a SmartMedia Card with, presumably, few backup files in Motif format (W2 + .W3) and a multicard USB reader.
From your words I see that there are no great things to expect... Unless I find another Motif Classic.
In either case, just Voices can be imported into Motif ES rack, while Performances remain out.
My goal would be to rebuild Motif Voices AND Performances inside a Motif ES rack. All this story started to help a friend of mine who had a metereological accident.

I'm sorry for my friend and I'd rather go back to my Montage 😉

Posted : 05/03/2018 6:15 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us