Motif ES - How to consolidate and load User Voices

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
thomas
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Phil,

I am trying to consolidate the best of two voice files which if loaded as ALL files will both load and overwrite each other to the same USER bank two. They are both .W7A files. I seem to be unable to load the voices individually from these files. The two files are AXXE from, Dave Polich and K sounds Artikulation. Is there any application/editor that still exists for the Motif ES that runs on Windows 10 that can work with these files to extract and move around all the individual voices so I can load and store together where I want ? Is there any way to do it on/within the Motif ES itself?

Posted : 08/04/2018 11:31 pm
Bad Mister

I am trying to consolidate the best of two voice files which if loaded as ALL files will both load and overwrite each other to the same USER bank two.

Yes, if you set the LOAD TYPE = ALL, then loading an ALL file will replace ALL DATA in the USER Banks. Logical?

If, however, you set the LOAD TYPE to "VOICE" you can then open any ALL data file, select individual VOICES from that file and direct them to a specific location in your current User Bank.

Set the LOAD TYPE = VOICE.
Move the cursor to highlight the .W7A file you wish to view.
You will see that you can see a list of VOICES in the first USER Bank.
You can select the other USER Banks and view a list of the Voices in each Bank

In your Owner's Manual page 269:
"A specified voice in a file that is saved to the SmartMedia/USB storage device as “All” or “All Voice” type can be individually
selected and loaded to the instrument."

Posted : 09/04/2018 12:34 pm
thomas
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thanks Phil.....You provided me with the missing step / link between the the User Bank buttons and the file menu. I couldn't find this step in the manual. This explains why every time I opened FILE..VOICE ..and scrolled to my desired .W7A, all I saw was the voices listed for Bank 1.....now I push Bank 2 and Voila !!!!

Posted : 09/04/2018 1:09 pm
Bad Mister

Excellent!

Posted : 09/04/2018 1:22 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us