Synth Forum

MOTIF XS DATA LIST ...

Notifications
Clear all

MOTIF XS DATA LIST (User Performance List ??)

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 joel
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Is there a User Performance List (MSB =x, LSB=x) available?

If not, then how is possible for the MOTIF accept performance-bank changes while in Performance mode?

thanks,

Posted : 02/06/2016 7:16 pm
Bad Mister

You must be in Performance for the MSB/LSB and Program Change to work.
(Changing Modes is a Parameter Change message (Sysex)).

MSB 63, LSB 64 = User 1
MSB 63, LSB 65 = User 2
MSB 63, LSB 66 = User 3

Program Change 0-127

Posted : 02/06/2016 8:16 pm
 joel
Eminent Member
Topic starter

The reason I’m focusing in on the MSB/LSB information is that trying to figure out why the MOTIF will not automatically change from VOICE-mode to Performance-mode or visa-versa via midi program change.

Currently, I have to manually press the VOICE button or Press the PERFORMANCE button. I’d rather have this done automatically when the MOTIF receives a MIDI program change message.

Hey Bad Mister, is this possible?

Posted : 03/06/2016 1:54 pm
Bad Mister

The reason I’m focusing in on the MSB/LSB information is that trying to figure out why the MOTIF will not automatically change from VOICE-mode to Performance-mode or visa-versa via midi program change.

You cannot change modes with a message that is within the mode... you need a message that is a stage above that mode... It will not let you pull the rug out from under your own feet, so to speak.

Sort of like placing a START command on a MIDI Track - will not work... it most come from a place that is not within the sequence.

The message you are looking for is called a MODE CHANGE message which is in a category of MIDI messages known as PARAMETER CHANGE messages... and is written in SYSEX. So a Program Change can change Programs within the mode that is currently selected; only a MODE CHANGE message can change Modes. Hope that helps.

The MODE change messages for the Motif XS are as follows:

F0 43 10 7F 03 0A 00 01 dd F7

where 'dd' is the data byte
00 = voice mode
01 = performance mode
02 = Pattern mode
03 = Song mode
04 = Master mode

Changing to VOICE mode therefore would be: F0 43 10 7F 03 0A 00 01 00 F7
Changing to PERFORMANCE mode would be: F0 43 10 7F 03 0A 00 01 01 F7

Page 58 of the Data List Booklet #1
Hope that helps.

Posted : 06/06/2016 9:51 pm
 joel
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hey Bad Mister,

So, could you give me an example of what device that I would use to enter that long string of code that would send Mode Changes to an Motif and/or S80? I have a Yamaha MEP-4 if that would help??

Thanks (again).

Posted : 09/06/2016 7:01 pm
Bad Mister

So, could you give me an example of what device that I would use to enter that long string of code that would send Mode Changes to an Motif and/or S80?

A MIDI sequencer in which you can manually enter MIDI events. But the easiest way is to touch the front panel button dedicated for that purpose.

Posted : 17/06/2016 11:35 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us