Notifications
Clear all

PSR 3000 HELP

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

https://youtu.be/pjfJ8_rOKZM

Check out this link. You might have to copy and paste it to your address bar. Have anyone seen this happen on a keyboard? What's the cause and repair? I have been trying to get this fixed for 7 years. Please help if you can. Thankyou

Posted : 03/06/2015 1:43 pm
Bad Mister

Hi, Benny! Sorry, you are having issues with your Yamaha PSR-3000. And although this site has nothing whatever to do with this type of product, I will attempt to help you. (I've taken questions on motorcycles, tennis rackets and golf carts, why not a PSR-3000). 🙂

I remember the PSR-3000 the first keyboard with the ability to connect directly to the Internet!!! Way ahead of its time, that was eleven years ago... Where'd those years go?

First, you mention you have spoken with Yamaha, so you have a case number... This means some one in our Custom Support area has a record of this issue. I will attempt to follow up and see if I can find this information - do you have any idea about when (or who) you last spoke to some one.

My first guess would be the power supply ... I watched your entire video hoping you would show or at least mention what power adapter you are using. It seems obvious that one of the first things you'd want to check is the integrity of the power supply. Each Yamaha power supply has a Model number embossed on it. Please unplug your instrument from the wall, examine the power supply (let us know what it says), or better yet show it in your next video... make sure the detachable wire that connects to the power supply is securely plugged into the adapter box... Also physically examine the jack where the power supply connects to the keyboard. You're looking for damage.

Until we resolve this do not connect the instrument to the wall.

Let us know.

By the way who from Yamaha called you?
You mentioned you sent the keyboard to Yamaha 3 times... Which location did you send it?
Please let us know. Thank you.

Posted : 03/06/2015 2:09 pm
Topic starter

Hi Bad Mister,

I bought a brand new adapter for the keyboard . The name escapes me right now but its the one required for it. I sent my keyboard to the California location and personally talked to Steve Deeming on the phone. The last time i talked to him he claimed that , as a courtesy, he replaced all the circuit boards in the keyboard. Like i had a brand new keyboard. I knew he didn't because i sent my keyboard on a Tuesday and it was back on my porch on Thursday! He also said at another sending, that they couldn't get it to malfunction, so again, they returned it to me. The connecting plug to the adapter box has always been lock on tight. I recently bought a DM circuit board and had it installed by an authurized repair shop here in Columbus, Oh. I have had cold solder joints done on the keyboard. I'm at lost for anything else. I don't want to trash it but if I can't get it fixed , i might have to. 🙁

Posted : 05/06/2015 1:02 pm
Topic starter

I will look at my power adapter and let you know the model number.....

Posted : 05/06/2015 1:05 pm
Bad Mister

Please let us know.

Posted : 05/06/2015 1:58 pm
Topic starter

Here are the specs of my Adaptor..

Yamaha PA 300C
100-240 V
50-60 MHZ
45 W
Efficiency level V

Does overheating of adaptor cause this type of problem. Also, i have never updated my firmware either, since i bought it...

Posted : 11/06/2015 8:01 pm
Bad Mister

Does overheating of adaptor cause this type of problem.

Normal use should not overheat the adapter. However, no electrical device can operate in direct sunlight indefinitely. The tolerances are fairly high so unless you are playing in an oven or direct sunlight, overheating with the proper adapter is not possible. Running the instrument with an improper adapter could cause major problems. By under powering an electrical device you run the risk of damaging its components. This is why I asked about your power supply. PA300 is the proper adapter, so you are good there. Never use anything else. And keep it away from high temperatures areas like direct sunlight, radiators, heaters, etc.

I've communicated with Mr. Deming, he looked up your case... They have detailed records of your case. Perhaps your memory of the time frame is not quite accurate. 🙂 At any rate he will be in touch with you directly.

Also, i have never updated my firmware either, since i bought it...

there was a firmware update September 3, 2007 version 1.80

Please mention that when Customer Support contacts you. It has nothing to do with your issue, but does add compatibility with wired USB LAN adapters, and improved Music Finder+

Hope your issue can be solved. If we can be of further help let us know.

Posted : 11/06/2015 10:19 pm
Topic starter

Happy New Year. I know its been a while since I last received your June 2015 message. I did call Steve Deeming. He still says he replaced every motherboard and pretty much refurbished the keyboard like new. Unfortunately, the keyboard's behavior says otherwise. He offered to sell me a S950 for under the going price but I didn't have the funds to get it. I know by now that I have a lemon for a keyboard. Its unrepairable. I thought Yamaha would give me a replacement as I have read on different official Yamaha forums they had done for different people who had irrepairable keyboards. I also know that keyboards don't last forever but if taken care of, which I did with mine, they can last well beyond 7 or more years, like that of a guy affectionately know as Gary "travel easy" . But I want to thank you for trying to help me through this. I probably will go for another sturdier brand of workstation keyboards to assist my gigs.

Posted : 11/01/2016 6:54 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us