Synth Forum

S90 ES A/D Input Vo...

Notifications
Clear all

S90 ES A/D Input Volume as control destination?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Zach
Topic starter

Hi again,

I am debating whether to use my S90 ES as an effects send (the effects are still so good) while performing and was curious if the A/D Input volume parameter can be controlled using one of the Assign Sliders (preferably the AS A or B as a global setting). I don't see it as a routing destination in a control set, so before I rewire things to test, I thought I'd throw this question out there to see what options there are. (Obviously, this will be done while in Multi mode.)

Thanks,

Z

Posted : 15/02/2016 9:31 pm
Bad Mister

Stretching my memory back to S90 ES, you do not have the ability to assign a Control Set to control the volume of the A/D Input - you can set the value because the A/D Input Part has its own Audio Input channel with ability to route it through the effects and so forth. That audio channel's parameters can be changed by simply going to that screen.

But you cannot automate control over it with assignable controllers. Funny, you ask this question at this time, I'm in deep study mode on the new Montage and this is something implemented in this new beast. Because external devices can be used as modifying sources inside Montage's Motion Control engine, control over the A/D Input is completely controllable - you can automate control over effects on an incoming signal... And this is definitely new for a Yamaha synth.

Posted : 17/02/2016 1:26 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us