Synth Forum

Successful all-digi...

Notifications
Clear all

Successful all-digital MIDI & Audio connection of MOTIF XS8 & Cubase via USB & SPDIF

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
 B
Eminent Member
Topic starter

This is a thank you post.

In the first thread ever on this forum :

https://yamahasynth.com/index.php?option=com_easydiscuss&view=post&id=67&Itemid=851#reply-77

I asked Mr. M if I could connect my Motif XS8 as shown in the first attached image so that I could use the Mtofi and my USB audio interface simultaneously and enjoy pure digital audio transfer from the Motif to the DAW as well as the benefits of the XS Editor VST. Of course you can't, not on a Windows PC.

But thanks to a few more threads of Mr. M's help, as of the conclusion of my last thread before this one we have succeeded in achieving the original intent by slightly different routes. This is shown in the second attached image. Caveat: only one stereo audio channel this way, as opposed to the 8 stereo (or 16 mono) channels by Firewire. But for me, the trade-off of having my rig set up this way, with my audio interface permanently at the center of the system, works best.

I post this so that when the next person searches for "Is it possible to get MIDI integration AND digital audio transfer without firewire?", they may find this.

Thanks again.

Attached files

Posted : 03/08/2015 8:24 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us